The Enterprise Governance Community of Interest (COI) Handbook, 2nd Edition, is a critical component for achieving a high degree of work product integrity and correctness across the enterprise. The book is completely integrated with its own Metabase System Module, Governance.
This book defines enterprise governance, provides the compelling business case, and defines the measures of success.
This book provides the organization engineering, policies, procedures, and rules that have engineered and governed successful COIs.
This book also sets out the enterprise organizations that can create and manage COIs within an enterprise, and an enterprise organization.
The Return on Investment for the Community of Interest Approach is compelling. It's 50% cheaper than the stove-pipe governance approach for 10 separate organizations, and it's 90% cheaper to thereafter add one more governed organization member.
The book is engineered as a day-to-day operational handbook. The book can just be adopted at the start of a COI activity. Simply put, it's the COI's policies and procedures. It addresses the COI's Missions, Functions, Organizations, Positions, Duties and Responsibilities, Products, Costs, Activities, and Rules. No topic has been ignored because this book was derived from the operational policies and procedures from the three most successful COIs that exist today.
This book answer these key questions.
This 700+ page book includes but not limited to:
Rationale for governance across enterprise work products
- Blueprint for enterprise work product governance
- Communities of Interest including their organization, policies, procedures, staffing, projects, and operating rules and processes
- 300+ pages of step-by-step processes to assess enterprise work products
- Work product integrity and correctness risk determination with personal accountability and risk assessment history
- Methodology and plan to create focused organizations
- Strategies for meetings, decision making, and voting and resolving issues.
Go to Table of Contents and Chapter 1